I’ve heard people say, “if you find a job you love you’ll never work a day in your life.” What a crock. I love my job, but sometimes it requires hard, intensive work. We should begin saying instead, to “find a job you love so all your hard work is worth it.”
What Star Wars is about, from my 3-year-old
- Me: Hey buddy, what is Star Wars about? Who's the bad guy?
- Nathan: Darth Elevator.
My son, the negotiator
- Mom: If this happens again because you were playing with the Christmas Tree, you're going to be sitting in time out for 3 minutes.
- Nathan (3): No, 5 minutes!
- Mom: Okay, 5 minutes then.
Half a million people are still living without electricity in the New York area, but there’s a three-blocks-long line at the Apple store (source).
Made-up songs are hard
- Me: (trying to sing a made-up song the way 3-year-old Nathan had been earlier) I can't do it like Nathan can.
- Nathan: You just need to practice and it get easier for you.